On the eve of the 21st century, businesses are growing so faster than even before. Due to it, the numbers of competitors are increasing which makes the businesses more competitive. Social media a platform by which the businessmen are engaged with the potential customers and take the competitive advantages.
When you have a business, what do you want? The answer is that you want more profits from your business. But you need to know how you will make more profits than your competitors. To run your business more efficiently, you should keep in mind several things such as:
- Understanding the marketplace and customer needs
- Designing a customer-driven marketing strategy
- Constructing an integrated marketing plan that delivers superior value
- Building customer relationships and creating customer delights
Now we are considering the four points one by one. How you get information about the marketplace as well as your customer needs? It is not possible for you to go to the marketplace directly to collect your required information. It may be costly for you if you have not enough capital. Another thing you need to know here and it is what your customers want from you. Is it possible for you to go to door to door of every potential customer? It is not possible for you. But we need to know the marketplace and the customer wants. In this case, social media is highly recommended. Now think if you have a facebook page, twitter account and youtube channel for your business, you may know the marketplace by judging your potential customers’ posts and comments. You may also know what they want from you. For this, the social media does not charge you.
When you select a marketing strategy, how do you know that whether it is working well or not? You may also use social media in this case. If your customers face any problem regarding your marketing strategy, they may inform you via social media and you may change your marketing strategy.
To make more profits, you have to ensure to deliver the superior value than your competitors do. How do you get confirmation? As I mention earlier that it is not possible for you to contact with every customers directly, you may use social media platform to know whether they are satisfied or not as well as the level of satisfaction.
Customers are the assets of the business. That’s why nowadays businessmen try to maintain good customer relationships and create customer delights. Due to this, almost all the corporations have customer care department where corporations maintain the customer relationships but sometimes customers are reluctant to go to the business-place directly. In this case, social media is a strong alternative for you. You need to keep in mind that social media is such kind of platform in which you can engage with more people than any other medias. So, I think you should take this competitive advantage.
You may use the social media in other purposes of your business as well, like as:
- You may use the social media as your advertisement platform.
- When you issue a promotional campaign for your customers, you may let your current customers as well as potential customers via social media.
- If you do any social work, let your customers know the thing. It may impress people. You should use social platform as it is free of cost.
I want to give my message simpler for you. Just open a facebook page, twitter account as well as youtube channel for your business, engage with more people as much you can and role on the web. As it is free, why shouldn’t you use this platform?
- Principles of Marketing, Philip Kotler & Gray Armstrong, 13th Edition
Paul Bikash Chandra
Latest posts by Paul Bikash Chandra (see all)
- Ensuring Environmental Sustainability in this Current Age - 20 December 2014
- Achieving Universal Primary Education - 15 November 2014
- Corporate Social Responsibility Should be Compulsory in Bangladesh - 22 October 2014